- 2013 Move to London
- To facilitate day to day management, fourmidable is now hosted in Yannick's lab at Queen Mary University of London. Get in touch if anything feels like it might be broken.
- 2012.05.26 Other ant sequences
- Added genomic sequence of ants that are not part of a genome projects to BLAST.
- 2012.03.10 Crazy ant sequences
- Added Nylanderia pubens (Invasive Caribbean Crazy Ant) transcriptome assembly. [Paper PDF]
- 2012.02.15 BLAST interface updated
- Usability upgrades for the BLAST interface.
- 2012.01.08 Uniprot links for S. invicta protein sequence
- S. invicta protein sequences in BLAST output are now automatically linked to their corresponding Uniprot page for reference.
- 2011.08.30 C. floridanus and H. saltator EST assembly
- Camponotus & Harpegnathos mRNA (assembled from short EST reads) added to BLAST.
- 2011.08.29 New domain & naming
- Fourmidable is now antgenomes.org. And web addresses to blast ant genomes (http://www.antgenomes.org/blast) and download data (http://www.antgenomes.org/downloads/) are now simpler.
- 2011.07.14 Server update
- Old server replaced by a new one. BLAST searches should be much faster!
- 2011.06.01 BLAST user interface update
- BLAST search features as "assisted" user interface that helps you choose which blast types and databases are possible with your query.
- 2011.06.01 Acromyrmex echinatior leafcutter ant
- Added sequence from the Acromyrmex echinatior leafcutter ant genome to download and blast.
- 2011.02.14 Atta cephalotes leafcutter ant
- Atta cephalotes leafcutter ant genome paper released. Sequences added to ant blast search and sequence download
- 2011.02.01 Fourmidable updates
- Sleek new BLAST interface to search ant genome sequences.
- 2011.01.31 Solenopsis, Pogonomyrmex and Linepithema ant genomes released
- Solenopsis invicta red fire ant, Pogonomyrmex barbatus harverster ant and Linepithema humile argentine ant genomes released online in PNAS.
Recent Citations of the paper
Recent publications on ants
Archived old sites
Questions / Comments / Suggestions?
If you need help or advice, please get in touch: y dot wurm at qmul dot ac dot uk. In an emergency, Anurag Priyam may also be able to help.